|Campaign Start Date:||01/13/2017|
|Salary Range:||$40,000 or commensurate with experience|
The New York County District Attorney’s Office has an immediate opening for an Administrative/Fiscal Assistant to be assigned to the New York/New Jersey High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (NY/NJ HIDTA) located at 250 Vesey Street, New York, NY. HIDTA is a program funded by the Office of National Drug Control Policy (“ONDCP”) to reduce drug abuse and its harmful consequences, particularly drug trafficking and drug-related crime. In this position under general direction, the Assistant provides administrative and fiscal support to the HIDTA Director and staff. Please be advised this position is funded through the NY/NJ HIDTA grant and is contingent upon continued funding.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative support to HIDTA staff: maintain schedules, file, copy, fax, mail, arrange travel, greet and direct visitors.
- Coordinate Executive Board meetings and other events as needed.
- Maintain schedules for four conference rooms.
- Sort and distribute mail.
- Manage multiple email boxes.
- Process purchase order requests in accordance with applicable procurement guidelines.
- Create, send, and track status of purchase orders.
- Maintain office supplies and order and distribute supplies to other HIDTA sites as requested.
- Process invoices.
- Update vendor SAM.gov registration status in Quickbooks.
- Enter monthly statistics and monthly vehicle reports into excel spreadsheets.
- Collect, verify against sign-in sheets, and forward all DANY employee timesheets.
- Distribute and track cell phone bill verifications.
- Maintain filing system.
- Assist in audit preparation.
- Other administrative duties as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workflow.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Ability to follow directions and apply proper policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Strong attention to detail and high concern for data accuracy.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks preferred.