The New York County District Attorney's Office has an opening for a Senior Investigative Analyst for its Cold Case Project in the Trial Division. In this position the Analyst is responsible for providing highly skilled analytical investigative support to the project Assistant District Attorneys (ADAs) and office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting ADAs in reviewing unsolved homicide cases in Manhattan with the aim of arresting and prosecuting perpetrators.
- Working with DANY Investigators, NYPD, DANY Squad, Cold Case Squad, and Precinct Detective Squads, as well as other Federal, State, and Local Law Enforcement agencies.
- Maintaining a database archive for all case files reviewed.
- Analyzing records with the goal of exploring new investigative opportunities.
- Performing in-depth searches to locate witnesses and possible suspects utilizing government, public and social media outlets.
- Locating, preserving, and arranging for processing physical and electronic evidence for testing.
- Corroborating the accuracy of information obtained.
- Analyzing and mapping call detail records.
- Create spreadsheets, charts and other exhibits for investigative use, Grand Jury and trial preparation.
- Perform other administrative and paralegal duties as assigned.
- Computer proficiency required: Microsoft Office (specifically Excel); advanced knowledge of criminal justice investigative internet search techniques.
- Proficiency in Internet search strategies and techniques.
- Exceptional organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple assignments required.
- Ability to think and perform in a highly stressful and fast paced environment required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, witnesses, defense attorneys, financial institutions, regulators, and law enforcement agencies to build institutional relationships a must.
- Ability to communicate investigative results to other team members and to testify in court regarding investigative results is also required.
- Superior organizational, time management, writing and communication skills are essential.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- One year experience preferred, in the criminal justice field or experience conducting online research or other work in social media.
- One (1) year commitment to the hiring bureau.
The New York County District Attorney’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer