The New York County District Attorney's Office has an immediate opening for an Assistant Bureau Secretary in the Trial Division. The Trial Division is responsible for the investigation and prosecution of crimes committed in Manhattan. In this position the Assistant Bureau Secretary is responsible for providing highly-skilled secretarial and administrative support to Assistant District Attorneys and Support Staff.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs receptionist duties, secretarial tasks, and clerical assignments.
- Works with bureau supervisors to ensure efficient management of bureau operations.
- Answers bureau telephones, takes and delivers accurate messages promptly.
- Greets witnesses and visitors and notifies appropriate staff of their arrival.
- Serves as back-up to Bureau Secretary.
- Maintains all bureau equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to learn in-house proprietary applications.
- Ability to follow directions, work independently, and manage assignments.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up.
- Dependable team player who works collaboratively and cooperatively with Office staff.
- High school diploma required.
- Prior secretarial experience a plus.
- College degree a plus.
- Bilingual Spanish a plus.
- Public Notary a plus.
- Knowledge of the criminal justice system a plus.
- One (1) year commitment to hiring bureau.
The New York County District Attorney’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer