|Campaign Start Date:||05/23/2019|
|Salary Range:||Commensurate with Experience|
The New York County District Attorney’s Office (DANY) has an opening for a full-time Database/SharePoint Administrator in its Information Technology (IT) Department. Under the supervision of a Senior Database Administrator, the Database/SharePoint Administrator will be responsible for the management and maintenance of Microsoft SQL and SharePoint 2013 here at DANY.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Administration of Microsoft SQL Server includes, but is not limited to: Log Shipping, Stored Procedures, Indexes, SQL Jobs, Alerts, managing security, monitoring performance, etc.
- Working closely with development team on fine-tuning stored procedures, queries, and application access to databases (.Net).
- Updating and patching Windows/SharePoint Servers as needed.
- Daily troubleshooting of SharePoint performance, workflows, and standard tasks to ensure the environment is functioning at optimum capacity.
- Works with senior database administrators, and shares daily responsibilities.
- Works closely with the Intranet Development team to rollout new features and applications DANY-wide.
- Analyzing SharePoint and Storage monitoring SharePoint trends (site usage, growth, and disk space usage).
- Troubleshooting SharePoint Event logs, SharePoint farms and applying patches and updates.
- Regularly reviewing, cleaning-up, managing, and configuring SharePoint accounts and sites.
- Provide accurate updates on projects, change control requests and operational issues in the environment.
- Perform related tasks as assigned.
- Comprehensive understanding and proficiency with the features and functions of Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and up.
- Windows experience in Active Directory and basic understanding of networking as it relates to SQL/Sharepoint is expected.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services (SRSS).
- Working knowledge of clustering technologies in both physical and virtual configurations.
- Microsoft SharePoint Administration/Operational experience required.
- Experience with managing multiple databases over multiple servers.
- Bachelor's degree preferred with two years of satisfactory/relevant full-time experience or,
- HS diploma required with six years of satisfactory/relevant full-time experience.
- Microsoft certifications a plus.
- Two (2) year commitment to the hiring bureau.
The New York County District Attorney’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer