The New York County District Attorney's Office has an immediate opening for an English-Spanish Bilingual Interpreter in its Spanish Language Unit. In this position the Interpreter is responsible for providing interpreting and translation support to the unit and office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ability to translate both written and verbal communication from English to Spanish and Spanish to English a must.
- Prepare translated transcriptions from recordings.
- Provide interpretations as required by phone conferences or in-person interviews.
- Render court testimony on translations and interpretations performed.
- Proofread translations and provide feedback.
- Take telephone requests for Spanish-language services and update unit database.
- Work collaboratively with other Unit staff to complete translation and interpretation assignments as assigned by supervisor.
- At least 2-3 years of professional translation and interpretation experience required.
- Must possess fluency in Spanish and English, both oral and written.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel) and Wordfast required.
- Exceptional organizational, communication and interpersonal skills a must.
- Must be a team-player and be able to work well under pressure to meet specific deadlines.
- Must be detail oriented, self-motivated and able to multi-task.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Spanish major preferred.
- Court Interpreter Certification preferred.
- A one (1) year commitment to the hiring unit.
The New York County District Attorney’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer.