The New York County District Attorney's Office (DANY) has an opening for a Financial Intelligence Analyst in its Major Economic Crimes Bureau (MECB), International Money Movement Center (IMMC). The IMMC is a specialized unit committed to gathering intelligence and identifying and developing criminal cases related to the illicit movement of money through the New York financial system, including activity related to sanctions evasion, terror finance, weapons proliferation, money laundering, corruption, and other criminal activity with an international component. Analysts in the IMMC will be expected to develop and utilize a variety of skills to conduct research and analysis focused on specific geographical or topical areas, while also assisting investigators and Assistant District Attorneys (ADAs) in MECB at DANY to investigate and prosecute criminal cases.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performing research and analysis related to current international threats to the New York financial system, including the evolving techniques employed by individuals and organizations to move money illicitly through the system.
- Proactively identifying suspicious cross-border financial activity, or patterns of activity, appropriate for criminal investigation.
- Assisting ADAs in developing long-term criminal investigations, and supporting active cases.
- Analyzing and synthesizing financial data and other evidence gathered in criminal investigations, and preparing presentations and reports related to ongoing investigations and prosecutions.
- Helping develop research and analytic tools designed to enhance the work of the IMMC.
- Performing related tasks as assigned.
- Background in financial or data analysis, as well as national security and/or economic crime preferred.
- High-level computer proficiency required.
- Foreign language proficiency preferred.
- Proficiency in internet-based and open-source search techniques, and ability to quickly learn how to operate in-house proprietary applications, advanced criminal justice databases, and emerging data analysis technologies required.
- Ability to think and perform in a fast-paced environment required.
- Strong organizational, time management, writing and communication skills are essential.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Graduate degree in an area relating to international studies or finance preferred (with coursework related to illicit financial networks, national security, economic sanctions, terrorism financing, proliferation, and global finance, economics, and international trade).
- Work experience related to international banking, finance, or AML/sanctions compliance, or the regulatory supervision and enforcement of each preferred.
- A one (1) year commitment to the hiring bureau is required.
- There is no defined period for the position.
The New York County District Attorney’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer