|Title:||Press Office Internship|
|Campaign Start Date:||03/06/2017|
|Salary Range:||A stipend or school credit is available as compensation.|
The Manhattan District Attorney’s Office seeks an intern for its Communications Unit. Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Creating and managing a daily compilation of news clips relevant to the work of the office
- Monitoring the Office’s presence in the media
- Uploading content to the Manhattanda.org website
- Observing court proceedings including noteworthy arraignments, hearings, trials, and sentencings, and reporting back to the Press Office
- Using and monitoring social media platforms, including Twitter and Facebook
- Analyzing website and social media traffic (experience with Google Analytics a plus)
- Creating charts and graphics for use at press conferences and online (experience with Photoshop a plus)
- Staffing internal and external events
- Helping to organize and coordinate press conferences
For more information, contact Emily Tuttle, Press Secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide contact information for at least two references (one academic, one employer), and include a cover letter, resume, and writing sample. We are looking for applicants who are available to start as soon as possible.
NOTE: As part of the interview process, candidates will be expected to take a current events news quiz.
An ideal candidate for this position is a Political Science, English, Journalism, or Communications Major, or a student with a Pre-Law concentration. The candidate must be extremely interested in criminal justice and current events. Excellent writing, computer, Internet research and organizational skills are mandatory. Candidates should thrive in a fast-paced setting and have the ability to multi-task.
A stipend or school credit is available as compensation.
The New York County District Attorney’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer