The New York County District Attorney's Office (DANY) has an opening for a Restitution Compliance Analyst in its Asset Forfeiture Unit. The Asset Forfeiture Unit is responsible for disgorging illegally-obtained and illegally used property from criminal defendants and non-criminal defendants and, when appropriate, converting this property into a form that can be used to compensate crime victims. The Restitution Compliance Analyst is responsible for supporting DANY’s efforts to protect the rights of crime victims and assist in the enforcement of restitution orders.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitor compliance with restitution and assist in the distribution of funds to further compliance with court orders.
- Obtain timely notice of payment defaults of court ordered restitution and take steps to alert the case prosecutor and the court of noncompliance.
- Work with prosecutors to take steps to enforce compliance with restitution orders and otherwise protect the rights of victims to recover from defendants.
- Work with other agencies involved in the collection and distribution of restitution.
- Design, maintain, and manage data systems relating to restitution collection and compliance.
- Prepare monthly financial and statistical reports.
- Respond to inquiries from victims about their restitution payments and pro-actively develop communication strategies with all of the constituencies.
- Participate in the development, administration, and monitoring of a restitution compliance program; identify options for increasing efficiency.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
- Ability to update and edit existing databases.
- Ability to follow directions and apply proper policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Strong attention to detail and data accuracy.
- Dependable team player who works collaboratively and cooperatively with staff in a team-oriented environment.
- Must be able to perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail oriented and self-motivated and able to multi-task.
- Proven ability to interact with all levels of staff, witnesses, defense attorneys, law enforcement personnel.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, prioritize among competing needs, and respond quickly to requests for information.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience working with criminal justice agencies preferred.
- Accounting experience preferred.
- Experience working with databases and computer systems involved in the monitoring of restitution payments.
- Advanced knowledge of criminal justice investigative internet search techniques a plus.
- Two (2) year commitment to hiring bureau.
The New York County District Attorney’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer