|Campaign Start Date:||03/26/2019|
|Salary Range:||Commensurate with Experience|
The New York County District Attorney's Office (DANY) is looking to hire a Software Engineer/Programmer in its Information Technology (IT) Department. DANY's IT Department provides enterprise-wide IT solutions for investigations, prosecution support, and case management. In this position, the Programmer will work on developing new databases and new applications while maintaining more than 80 in-house applications. These applications are used to track case data, produce case papers, provide prosecution support, communicate with victims, and share information with other law enforcement agencies. We are seeking a Programmer with a solid background in application design and programming. This person will work closely with members of IT department, assistant district attorneys, investigators, and support staff in the office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participate in gathering business requirements, designing screens and workflow, and advancing technical solutions for the development of applications to support requirements.
- Incorporate pre-approved code modules into newly developed code routines.
- Prototype, evaluate, and recommend designs of applications and databases.
- Follow office standards and practices across development activities including documentation, coding, testing, version control, and code review.
- Perform related tasks and assignments as required.
- Proven software engineer/programmer experience, demonstrated through academic projects, work experience, or an active Github account.
- Solid knowledge of .Net framework, WPF, MVVM, XAML a plus.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and up, and Microsoft SQL Reporting Services a plus.
- Knowledge of Python and R.
- Ability to provide estimations and meet deliverables in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate efficiently with teammates a must.
- Self-driven and willingness to expand technical skill set.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, prioritize among competing needs and respond quickly to requests for information.
- Ability to follow directions and apply proper policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Resourcefulness, initiative, and good judgment essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science/Engineering or similar field required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- One (1) year commitment to the hiring department.