|Title:||Press Office Internship|
|Campaign Start Date:||01/28/2019|
|Salary Range:||A stipend or school credit is available as compensation.|
The District Attorney’s Office seeks an intern for its Press Office. In this position the Intern is responsible for providing communications related support to the office.
- Creating and managing a daily compilation of news clips relevant to the work of the office
- Monitoring the Office’s presence in the media
- Uploading content to the Manhattanda.org website
- Observing court proceedings including noteworthy arraignments, hearings, trials, and sentencings, and reporting back to the Press Office
- Using and monitoring social media platforms, including Twitter and Facebook
- Analyzing website and social media traffic (experience with Google Analytics a plus)
- Creating charts and graphics for use at press conferences and online (experience with Photoshop a plus)
- Staffing internal and external events
- Helping to organize and coordinate press conferences
- Political Science, English, Journalism, or Communications Major, or a student with a Pre-Law concentration is preferred
- Must be extremely interested in criminal justice and current events
- Must possess excellent writing, computer, internet research and organizational skills
- Must possess the ability to thrive in a fast-paced setting and have the ability to multi-task.
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial transcript
- Writing sample
- Contact information for two professional references (one academic, one employer)
- A stipend or school credit is available as compensation.
- For more information, contact Justin Henry at email@example.com.
The New York County District Attorney’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer