The New York County District Attorney's Office (DANY) has an opening for a Community Coordinator in its Community Partnerships Unit (CPU). CPU serves as a vital link between the District Attorney and the people of New York County, and works closely with the community to help address their crime-related issues and quality of life concerns. In this position, the Community Coordinator will work closely with the office's other Bureaus and Units on outreach strategies, awareness campaigns, and other initiatives focused on specific communities, especially Hispanic and Spanish-speaking communities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop a comprehensive and current understanding of crime issues and quality of life concerns in Manhattan.
- Represent DANY at community-based meetings, public events, and special engagements.
- Establish and maintain relationships with community leaders, government and law enforcement partners, and elected officials.
- Engage and educate the community on DANY's various initiatives, resources, and services.
- Serve as liaison and point of contact for stakeholders, external partners, and colleagues in goverment.
- Inform and collaborate with appropriate internal staff and leadership on specific public safety issues.
- Assist community with implementation of strategies to address criminal activity and quality of life concerns.
- Assist managing agents, building residents, and NYPD officers on use of the Trespass Affidavit Program.
- Work with community groups to identify current crime concerns, initiate appropriate strategies to address those concerns.
- Attend various community-based meetings to promote DANY initiatives, share case information, and collect important intel and information to ensure DANY maintains accurate understanding of the community and its concerns.
- Lead or participate in various presentations, forums, and events to discuss DANY's role, raise awareness on available resources, and educate the community on crime prevention tools.
- Perform related duties as needed.
- Fluency in Spanish both oral and written.
- Ability to engage with the public in a professional manner.
- Resourcefulness, initiative and good judgment essential.
- Superior organizational, verbal and written communication skills, along with creative problem-solving abilities are essential.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Strong online research skills and computer skills (MS Office, Publisher), Adobe Photoshop.
- Ability to work overtime and flexible hours including holidays, some evening and weekend.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Strong passion for community and external relations preferred.
- Working knowledge of the DA's office, NYC government, and NYS court systems preferred.
- One (1) year commitment to the hiring bureau
The New York County District Attorney’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer