The New York County District Attorney’s Office has an immediate opening for an Investigative Analyst in the Elder Abuse Unit of the Financial Frauds Bureau. The Elder Abuse Unit provides services to the elder abuse victims. In this position the Investigative Analyst is responsible for assisting Assistant District Attorneys investigate financial crimes perpetrated against the elderly.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist ADAs in complex investigations into financial frauds perpetrated against the elderly including, but not limited to:
- Collect, analyze and organize large amounts of financial documents and other case data for ADAs and other members of law enforcement.
- Search social media (e.g. Twitter/Instagram/Facebook/Snapchat) and identify accounts belonging to targets/defendants.
- Coordinate with ISPs to obtain accurate information about whether content of communications is saved on their servers.
- Work with ADAs to ensure preservation of such data (emails/text messages/chats/video messages, etc) through Letters of Preservations ("LOPs") and provide ADAs with such information to form the basis for search warrants.
- Work extensively with specialized NYPD Squads, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority ("FINRA"), and major financial institutions.
- Proactively generate investigations through the use of FinCen and other similar databases.
- Assist in grand jury and trial preparation, including creation of graphs, diagrams, and other visual aids.
- Testify and present evidence to the grand jury and petit juries.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel, Lexis/Nexis and/or Clear required.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Superior organizational, time management, writing and communication skills are essential.
- Bachelor’s degree required; accounting or similar degree helpful.
- One year paralegal experience or equivalent a must.
- One (1) year commitment to hiring bureau.
The New York County District Attorney’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer