The New York County District Attorney's Office (DANY) has an opening for an evening (3 p.m. to Midnight) City Custodial Assistant in its Facilities Management area. The selected candidate, under close supervision, will perform work of ordinary difficulty in cleaning within DANY office space and immediate grounds; perform related light labor duties and related work. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Sweeps, damp mops, and wet mops office floors, toilets, corridors, lobbies and other assigned areas.
- Cleans wash basins and other toilet room facilities; replenish bathroom supplies.
- Scrubs floors with an electric machine; waxes and polishes floors; hand scrubs stairs and stair landings.
- Empties waste baskets and disposes of refuse; vacuums rugs and carpets.
- Dusts, and removes and cleans Venetian blinds; dusts walls and furniture and polishes furniture and metal work.
- Sweeps sidewalks and removes snow.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma preferred.
- Prior maintenance experience preferred; good organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to lift heavy objects; to take direction and work well with others.
- Ability to work rotating schedules and week-ends.
Excellent vacation and benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer