Antiquities Trafficking Internship
|Title:||Antiquities Trafficking Internship|
|Campaign Start Date:||10/31/2016|
|Salary Range:||$20/hour stipend or school credit where applicable|
The New York County District Attorney's Office has an opening for an Antiquities Trafficking Intern in its Trial Bureau. In this position, under the supervision of a lead prosecutor the intern is responsible for providing critical analytical support to the prosecutor and office. During this internship the intern will engage in a broad spectrum of activities, ranging from gathering information via subpoenas and search warrants to critically analyzing that information for use in criminal prosecution.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Utilizing all of the tools available to recover looted antiquities.
- Gathering information via subpoenas and search warrants.
- Analyzing information received from subpoenas or search warrants.
- Responsible for working with lead prosecutor to ensure efficient processing and eventual repatriation of confiscated materials.
- Performs related duties as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access. Ability to update and edit existing databases.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to follow directions and apply proper policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Strong attention to detail and high concern for data accuracy.
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of staff, and law enforcement representatives.
- Familiar with all forms of social media.
Other Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Must currently be enrolled in law school or a graduate program
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial transcript
- 3 – 5 page writing sample
- Applicants must commit to a complete term:
- Summer Term (June - August, 10 weeks, 35 hours/week)
- Fall Term (September - December, 12 weeks, minimum of 12 hours/week)
- Spring Term (February - May, 12 weeks, minimum of 12 hours/week)
The New York County District Attorney’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications