|Title:||Senior Data Engineer|
|Campaign Start Date:||02/28/2019|
|Salary Range:||Commensurate with Experience|
The New York County District Attorney's Office (DANY) has an opening for a Senior Data Engineer in its Information Technology (IT) Department. DANY's IT Department provides agency-wide IT solutions for investigations, prosecution support, and case management. The Senior Data Engineer will work with key data sets used in the prosecution process and other criminal justice initiatives. The Senior Data Engineer will also be a key force in the development of tools and appropriate environment for the effective and progressive use of the data to further criminal prosecutions and justice initiatives.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop expertise in the DANY data model.
- Develop data dictionaries and best practices for data definitions and use.
- Coordinate with network administrative staff to develop, implement, and maintain a secure and agile sandbox environment.
- Identify tools and procedures to effectively use data.
- Research and promote options for quick development.
- Document standards for security and maintainability.
- Supervise developers hired for special projects.
- Interact with Enterprise projects development team to coordinate data collection, standards, and use.
- Perform related tasks as assigned.
- Experience with data dictionary concepts, data mapping, and data architecture.
- Knowledge and experience with a wide range of tools and IT technologies.
- Proven ability to research and learn tools, hardware, and languages quickly.
- Understanding of data analysis strategies and concepts (e.g. business intelligence, time series analysis, project management).
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills required.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and manage multiple long-term projects.
- Strong attention to detail and high concern for data accuracy.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff, with a high regard for confidentiality and diplomacy.
- Ability to work efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Dependable team player who works collaboratively and cooperatively with staff in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, prioritize among competing needs and respond quickly to requests for information.
- Ability to follow directions and apply proper policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Resourcefulness, initiative, and good judgment essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science/Engineering, Machine Learning or a related field required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- One (1) year commitment to hiring department.