The New York County District Attorney's Office has an immediate opening for an Investigative Analyst in Trial Division Central.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist Chief of Trial Division, Deputy Chiefs of Trial Division and Trial Division Counsel in organizing and implementing division-wide standards and practices, projects and initiatives.
- Conduct investigation/analysis of documentary evidence, such as phone records, financial records, cell site records, as well as records pertaining to social media, and other records in homicide and major case investigations/prosecutions.
- Conduct research, including internet and database searches (CLEAR. TLO, eJustice) to obtain information relevant to homicide and major case prosecutions, including the development of full backgrounds and profiles of suspects, defendants and witnesses.
- Analyze and organize and present information from a variety of evidentiary sources, such as witness interviews, subpoenaed records, documents, video surveillance, devices obtained pursuant to search warrants, and electronic materials/analysis provided by High Technology Analysis Unit, and other sources into easily understandable and digestible timelines, summaries, spread sheets and charts to assist in ongoing investigations.
- Draft subpoenas and orders for attorney review and coordinate efforts to obtain and maintain documents and physical evidence from this jurisdiction and other jurisdictions in major case investigations.
- Contact witnesses and assist detectives, investigators and prosecutors with witness interviews, and perform other paralegal tasks related to above as assigned.
- Excellent organization, communication, time management, writing and creative problem solving skills are essential. Strong attention to detail and high concern for data accuracy.
- Literacy in computer applications, including PowerPoint and Excel required; knowledge of AJIS, Clear, Bloomberg, and other CityNet systems helpful. Proficiency in Internet search strategies and techniques.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team oriented environment required.
- Perform all assignments in an accurate, professional and expeditious manner.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- One year of criminal justice paralegal experience.
- Literacy in computer applications, including Citynet systems, LEXIS/NEXIS, Faces of the Nation, Microsoft Excel and internet.
- Knowledge of CLEAR, TLO, eJustice, PenLink, FTK Imager, Metadata Assistant, Google Earth Pro, PowerPoint preferred.
- Knowledge of DANY and criminal justice system.
- A one (1) year commitment to Trial Division Central.
The New York County District Attorney’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer.