The New York County District Attorney's Office (DANY) has an opening for a Paralegal in its Early Complaint Assessment Bureau (ECAB). In this position the Paralegal is responsible for providing time sensitive clerical support to DANY’s Trial Bureaus and Case Management Unit.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Drafts Criminal Court complaints.
- Obtains case information and supporting arrest documents from Police or security personnel.
- Prepares case summaries outlining the circumstances of arrests.
- Interviews Police Officers or Security personnel to determine appropriate charges.
- Perform related tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to update and edit existing proprietary databases.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workflow.
- Ability to follow directions and apply proper policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Strong attention to detail and high concern for data accuracy.
- Must be able to perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment; detail oriented, self-motivated, and able to multi-task.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff, law enforcement representatives and outside visitors.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Previous clerical experience preferred.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work overtime on short notice.
- One (1) year commitment to the hiring bureau.
The New York County District Attorney’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer