The New York County District Attorney's Office has an opening for a Messenger Clerk in its Mail/Messenger Unit. In this position the Messenger Clerk is responsible for providing routine mail/messenger tasks for the unit and office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Receives, sorts and delivers incoming mail.
- Prepares overnight deliveries, affixes postage to outgoing mail, and maintains records on postage.
- Assists with packaging of parcels.
- Performs regular mail runs.
- Coordinates messenger services/deliveries with others in unit.
- Perform other duties as needed including coverage for other business service functions as needed.
- Performs related administrative and clerical duties as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Familiar with industry standard mailroom and messaging equipment.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workflow.
- Ability to follow directions and apply proper policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Dependable team player who works collaboratively and cooperatively with staff in a team-oriented environment.
- Must be able to perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment; detail oriented and self-motivated and able to multi-task.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff and vendors.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, prioritize among competing needs and respond quickly to requests for information.
- High school diploma or GED a plus.
- Minimum of two years of experience.
- One (1) year commitment to the hiring unit.
The New York County District Attorney’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer