The New York County District Attorney’s Office has an opening for a Human Resources Assistant in its Human Resources Department. In this position the Human Resources Assistant is responsible for working closely with the Deputy Director of Payroll Services and providing administrative support to the Human Resources Department.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Enters data into appropriate database fields, records, and files.
- Receives and reviews documentation, verifying data accuracy.
- Performs corrections, updates, and modifications in various databases as necessary.
- Scans and uploads personnel documents to digital imaging library.
- Changes and updates various types of reports.
- Performs file conversions from one software application to another.
- Accesses mainframe computer to download electronic information to a departmental system.
- Generates various types of reports, summaries, lists and forms.
- Creates and organizes personnel files.
- Files various personnel documents in their appropriate digital and in-house locations.
- Performs related tasks as assigned.
- Excellent organization and communication skills are essential; must be detail-oriented.
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality and diplomacy.
- Must demonstrate the ability to manage multiple tasks with continued attention to detail.
- Able to maintain a positive attitude to set the tone for a professional office environment.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Prior administrative experience within a human resources department preferred.
- Ability to work efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- NYCAPS, PMS, and CityTime experience preferred.
- One (1) year of relevant experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office programs proficient a plus.
- One (1) year commitment to the hiring bureau is required.
The New York County District Attorney’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer