Senior Investigative Analyst
|Title:||Senior Investigative Analyst|
|Department:||Hate Crimes Unit|
|Campaign Start Date:||04/03/2017|
The New York County District Attorney's Office (DANY) has an opening for a Senior Investigative Analyst for its Hate Crimes Unit in the Trial Division. In this position the Analyst is responsible for providing highly skilled analytical investigative support to the project Assistant District Attorneys (ADAs) and office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Answering the office’s Hate Crimes Hotline, advising callers, and logging incidents.
- Working with the NYPD’s Hate Crimes Task Force to follow up on incidents coming through the hotline, as well as other cases.
- Assisting ADAs in investigations with the aim of arresting and prosecuting perpetrators, as well as preparing evidence for the Grand Jury.
- Maintaining a database archive for all cases and investigations.
- Maintaining statistical data on Hate Crimes in Manhattan by year, precinct, type of crime, etc.
- Helping prepare materials for meetings, school presentations, and other events.
- Perform related tasks as assigned.
- Computer proficiency required: Microsoft Office (specifically Excel).
- Exceptional organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple assignments required.
- Ability to think and perform in a highly stressful and fast paced environment required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, witnesses, defense attorneys, financial institutions, regulators, and law enforcement agencies to build institutional relationships a must.
- Ability to communicate investigative results to other team members and to testify in court regarding investigative results is also required.
- Superior organizational, interpersonal, time-management, writing and communication skills are essential.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- One year experience preferred, in the criminal justice field or experience conducting online research or other work in social media.
- One (1) year commitment to the hiring unit.
The New York County District Attorney’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer