Specialized Bureau Administrator
|Title:||Specialized Bureau Administrator|
|Department:||Tax Crimes Unit|
|Campaign Start Date:||11/22/2016|
The New York County District Attorney's Office has an opening for a Specialized Bureau Administrator in its Tax Crimes Unit. The Tax Crimes Unit is responsible for the investigation and prosecution of those who cheat and steal to avoid their tax obligations to the City and State of New York and to those who avoid their obligations to the New York State Insurance Fund. In this position, the Specialized Bureau Administrator is responsible for providing highly-skilled supervisory, administrative and paralegal support to the unit and Office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for supervising and training paralegal, secretarial support staff and seasonal interns.
- Coordinate paralegal, support staff and intern hiring process.
- Responsible for coordinating with Human Resources, IT, Fiscal, Operations, Facilities Design, and Procurement for all staffing, repairs, machine maintenance, network issues, supplies, etc.
- Approval of all CityTime requests and timesheets.
- Maintain bureau case tracking system and perform statistical analysis.
- Create and maintain division spreadsheets for use in investigations, Grand Jury and trial presentations.
- Gather information through collateral contacts, financial institutions and other law enforcement agencies.
- Use various City based databases to perform background and information searches, such as: eJustice, Webcrims, social media vehicles and various watchdog registries.
- Update and maintain proprietary databases, case tracking system and case files.
- Assist ADAs with miscellaneous paralegal tasks and in trial preparation.
- Respond to inquiries from outside agencies and complainants.
- Attend to other miscellaneous responsibilities relating to the Unit's efficient coordination.
- Perform other administrative and paralegal duties.
- Ability to supervise various levels of staff based on agency initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills required.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple short-term projects.
- Ability to quickly learn in-house proprietary applications.
- Strong attention to detail and high concern for data accuracy.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workflow.
- Ability to follow directions and apply proper policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Dependable team player who works collaboratively and cooperatively with staff in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff, witnesses, defense attorneys and law enforcement personnel.
- Computer proficiency required: Microsoft Office (specifically Excel); advanced knowledge of criminal justice investigative internet search techniques.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel required.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral required.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- One year of criminal justice experience preferred.
- Paralegal experience a plus.
- Knowledge of the New York County District Attorney’s Office and criminal justice system a plus.
- Familiarity with the Office and New York courts a plus.
- One (1) year commitment to the hiring bureau.
The New York County District Attorney's Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications