The New York County District Attorney's Office has an immediate opening for a Legal Training Assistant in its Legal Training Unit. The Legal Training Assistant works closely with the staff and prosecutors of the Legal Training Unit who oversee the training program. The Assistant will be responsible for various administrative office duties, and help coordinate the myriad training programs designed for prosecutors in the Trial, Appellate, and Investigation Divisions of the Office. Through this position, the Assistant will have the opportunity to attend lectures and other events sponsored by the Legal Training Unit, which cover topics ranging from criminal law and procedure, social psychology, scientific evidence, and the NYC Police Department.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for overall budget and operating costs for all Legal Training events.
- Responsible for the selection, ordering, set-up, and breakdown of any catered Legal Training events.
- Maintain accurate records of all purchases and receipts and submit them to the Fiscal Unit for appropriate reimbursement.
- Performs administrative and clerical assignments, including file organization, record keeping, photocopying/scanning/faxing, creation and distribution of printed training assignments, and organizing email and address mailing lists to alumni.
- Responsible for reservation requests and booking confirmation for the training room; must update training room calendar regularly.
- Assists the Legal Training Unit staff members to provide basic support for Continuing Legal Education (CLE) presentations, as well as assists in administrating all program events.
- Answers bureau telephone, takes and delivers accurate messages promptly.
- Monitors unit supplies and maintains appropriate inventory.
- Perform related LTU assignments as required.
- Superior organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills required.
- Dependable and motivated; ability to work collaboratively with staff in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to follow directions, manage assignments, multi-task, and interact with all levels of DANY staff.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to learn in-house proprietary applications.
- Strong attention to detail and high concern for data accuracy.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Prior office experience.
- Public Notary a plus.
- Knowledge of the criminal justice system not required, but is a plus.
- Two (2) year commitment to hiring bureau.
The New York County District Attorney's Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer