|Title:||Director of IT Services|
|Campaign Start Date:||03/27/2019|
|Salary Range:||Commensurate with Experience|
The New York County District Attorney's Office (DANY) is seeking to hire a Director of IT Services. In this position and in close collaboration with/direct reporting to DANY’s Chief Information Officer, the Director will oversee DANY's IT Services (IT Administration, Infrastructure & Operations, and Application Support). In this role, the Director of IT Services will oversee agency-wide IT solutions for investigations, prosecution support, case management and administration. IT develops and implements custom and packaged applications and maintains the requisite technical infrastructure, using in-house project resources. This position applies specialized knowledge of Server, Network, Desktop and other IT operations and guides policy and process with the goal of providing consistent and quality infrastructure stability and efficiency.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Accountable for IT infrastructure strategy, design, implementation, and availability (including PC, LAN, server, VoIP, networking, security, and mobile equipment).
- Act as principal advisor to the Chief Information Officer on IT concerns.
- Develop major policy and procedural documentation for all infrastructure related items.
- Direct and manage the design, development, and implementation of processes, policies, and procedures necessary to support the optimal delivery of information services of the IT infrastructure.
- Work closely with other technical managers to develop support policies for DANY.
- Lead the long-range goals and objectives of the IT infrastructure, the daily operations of all server systems (current and new), data networks and voice (telecommunication) systems (land and cellular), including advanced tuning and performance of systems and network; capacity planning, systems and network design and configuration, implementation, maintenance.
- Participate in and assist with ongoing analysis, development, design, and implementation of new information systems and infrastructure including setting standards, data design and integration of standards and design.
- Manage all data as a secure asset, responsible for systems and network security, disaster recovery, and business continuity.
- Oversee the assessment and capacity planning to include recommendations for necessary purchases for future system capacity and connectivity, interfaces with vendors and other agencies to develop and maintain public access systems.
- Contribute to the success of DANY's IT bureau and assists in improving the overall customer experience within the assigned team continually.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and negotiate with external actors on procurement and IT matters.
- Perform related tasks and assignments as required.
- Minimum 10 or more years of IT experience and 5 or more years of IT leadership experience.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of current practices and technologies in technology infrastructure, including network administration, complex corporate-type networks, cyber security systems administration, and monitoring tools such as Cisco Switches/Routers/Firewalls, Network and VoIP Design and Security, Solarwinds and Cisco Prime, and SIEM solutions.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of systems and server administration, server virtualization, storage virtualization, and technical client services administration including Microsoft Server technologies, Active Directory environment, knowledge of NAS, CIFS, DFS and iSCSI storage environments, along with knowledge of Unix-based technologies such as Redhat, or other Linux equivalent.
- Ability to keep current on developing technologies and potential impact on DANY operations.
- Diagnostic skills in relation to troubleshooting technical issues.
- Experience in managing professional staff in a complex organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills required.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and manage multiple long-term projects with strong attention to detail and high concern for data accuracy.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff, with a high regard for confidentiality and diplomacy.
- Ability to work efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Dependable team player who works collaboratively and cooperatively with staff in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, prioritize among competing needs and respond quickly to requests for information.
- Ability to follow directions and apply proper policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Knowledge of SharePoint Central Administration.
- Resourcefulness, initiative, and good judgment essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science/Engineering or similar field required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in leading large assignments and projects.
- Knowledge of .Net framework, WPF, MVVM, XAML.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and up, and Microsoft SQL Reporting Services.
- Good understanding of networking concepts, TCP/IP protocols, DHCP and DNS.
- Knowledge and experience of Vmware a plus.
- Security and Networking certifications preferred.