The New York County District Attorney's Office has an opening for a Media Service Technician in its Visual Evidence/Video Unit. In this position the Media Service Technician is responsible for providing highly skilled technical media related support to the unit and office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Transporting, setting-up, operating, and maintaining of agency related audio-visual and related electronic equipment.
- Operates all audio and video tape recorders, video and photographic cameras, and other equipment as needed.
- Creates compilation videos from various DVRs to create a coherent complement to raw DVR footage.
- Testifies in criminal or civil court or other public hearings to verify the integrity of evidentiary data collected or protocols followed for collection, and authenticates such media.
- Creates detailed visual evidence reports for evidence obtained from DVRs and writes reports for all forensic work created for trial.
- Creates court exhibits for attorneys with PowerPoint, Photoshop, Avid, and Premiere to assist juries in understanding video evidence.
- Analyzes documents, catalogs, and returns digital video evidence and DVRs seized by NYPD and DANY.
- Determines and troubleshoots unknown video and audio file types for Assistant District Attorneys, utilizing in-house and online resources to determine how to view and run said files.
- Edits footage to obscure the faces of undercover police officers, redacts the third digit on the Intoxicated Drivers Testing Unit videos, redacts numbers, names and addresses from 911 call and radio run recordings.
- Records and catalogs DANY press conferences and community affairs events, provides equipment and audio/visual assistance at DANY events both in and out of the office.
- Provides video recordings of TV/News broadcasts for the DANY, most notably the DANY Press Office.
- Organizes and maintains library and database of all digital/video evidence created by and brought to DANY.
- Operates motor vehicles as necessary.
- Sets up, operates, and maintains video and other electronic media equipment in courtrooms and required offices at DANY.
- Performs related tasks as assigned.
- Strong computer, image management audio, and media skills required.
- Familiarity with basic audiovisual recordings and editing technology, and the ability to quickly learn new or emerging technologies is required.
- Proven efficiency in the use of MS Office Suite (Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with cloud-based eLearning programs a plus.
- Excellent organization, communication, writing, and problem solving skills are essential; must be detail-oriented.
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop, Avid, and Premiere.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Bachelor's degree with an interest in audiovisual technology, website development and/or legal, government or teaching fields.
- Ability to work flexible schedules including evenings.
- Current Notary Public a plus.
- Must be able to legally operate a motor vehicle as necessary.
- Able to maintain a positive attitude to set the tone for a professional office environment.
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality and diplomacy.
- One (1) year commitment to the hiring bureau is required; two (2) year commitment preferred.
The New York County District Attorney’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer