The New York County District Attorney’s Office has an opening for a Paralegal in the Human Trafficking Response Unit (HTRU), within the Special Victims Bureau. This unit is responsible for the investigation and prosecution of Sex and Labor Trafficking cases. Paralegals will work closely with lawyers, investigators, social workers and external partner agencies to identify trafficking victims and perpetrators and to help prepare cases for trial.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conducting forensic previews and analysis on electronic devices.
- Analyzing large amounts of financial, telephone and computer data for Assistant District Attorneys (ADAs) and partner law enforcement agencies.
- Presenting evidence to the grand jury and petit juries.
- Generating subpoenas and other documents to request evidence.
- Analyzing internal and external data sets for evidence of trafficking.
- Securing and preserving online evidence for use at trial.
- Participating in witness interviews.
- Performing related paralegal tasks as requested.
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Ability to learn, update and edit existing proprietary applications and quickly learn and use various computer systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with financial institutions, regulators, and law enforcement agencies to build institutional relationships a must.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and internet capability required.
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of staff, court representatives, law enforcement representatives and witnesses.
- Bachelor's degree required (computer science or related degree a plus).
- A one (1) year commitment to the hiring bureau.
The New York County District Attorney’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer