The New York County District Attorney's Office has an opening for an Investigative Analyst in its Violent Criminal Enterprises Unit. The Violent Criminal Enterprises Unit is responsible for the investigation and prosecution of violent organized crime in Manhattan and beyond, including drug-related homicides, armed street gangs, interstate gun runners and narcotics dealers. The Unit works with the elite units of the NYPD, as well as with federal agents from Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) and New York City’s joint firearms and narcotics task forces to reduce violent street crime by disarming violent offenders. In this position the Investigative Analyst is responsible for providing highly skilled analytical support to the unit Assistant District Attorneys (ADAs) and office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Within team concept, work closely with ADA’s, local, state and federal law enforcement agencies in long term investigations and prosecutions of violent organized crime, including street gangs, major narcotics dealers, interstate gun traffickers, and gang related homicides.
- Assist prosecutors in developing conspiracy prosecutions.
- Perform in-depth computer searches of investigative targets.
- Collect and analyze data relevant to specific unit investigations and cases.
- Create spreadsheets, charts and other exhibits for investigative use, Grand Jury and trial preparation.
- Organize and coordinate wiretap evidence.
- Work directly and independently with police detectives and federal agents.
- Perform other administrative and paralegal duties as assigned.
- Experience developing, mining and managing large data sets (cover letter or resume should explicitly address this qualification)
- Knowledge and experience with coding is highly sought for this position.
- Proficiency in the use of Excel to manage large amounts of data
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Lexis Nexis and/or Clear required.
- Proficiency in Internet search strategies and techniques.
- Exceptional organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple assignments required.
- Ability to think and perform in a highly stressful and fast paced environment required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with financial institutions, regulators, and law enforcement agencies to build institutional relationships a must.
- Ability to communicate investigative results to other team members and to testify in court regarding investigative results is also required.
- Superior organizational, time management, writing and communication skills are essential.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- One year experience preferred, either as a paralegal in the criminal justice field or experience conducting online research or other work in social media.
- A commitment to at least one year is required.
The New York County District Attorney’s Office is an Equal opportunity Employer