The New York County District Attorney's Office (DANY) has an opening for a Financial Intelligence Analyst in its Major Economic Crime Bureau (MECB), International Money Movement Center (IMMC). The IMMC is a specialized unit committed to gathering intelligence and identifying and developing criminal cases related to the illicit movement of money through the New York financial system, including sanctions evasion, terror finance, weapons proliferation, money laundering, corruption, and other criminal activity with an international component. Analysts in the IMMC will be expected to develop and utilize a variety of skills to conduct research and analysis focused on specific geographical or topical areas, while assisting investigators and Assistant District Attorneys in MECB at DANY to investigate and prosecute criminal cases.
- Performing research and analysis related to current international threats to the New York financial system, including the evolving techniques employed by individuals and organizations to move money illicitly through the system.
- Proactively identifying suspicious cross-border financial activity, or patterns of activity, appropriate for criminal investigation.
- Assisting Assistant District Attorneys (ADAs) in developing long-term criminal investigations, and supporting active cases.
- Analyzing and synthesizing data and evidence gathered in criminal investigations, and preparing presentations and reports related to ongoing investigations and prosecutions.
- Helping develop research and analytic tools designed to enhance the work of the IMMC.
- Performing related tasks as assigned.
- Background in financial or data analysis, as well as national security and/or economic crime preferred.
- High-level computer proficiency required.
- Foreign language proficiency preferred.
- Proficiency in internet and open-source search techniques, and ability to quickly learn how to operate in-house proprietary applications, advanced criminal justice databases, and emerging data analysis technologies required.
- Ability to think and perform in a fast-paced environment required.
- Strong organizational, time management, writing and communication skills are essential.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Graduate degree in an area relating to international studies or finance preferred, with coursework in national security, terrorism, proliferation, and global finance, economics, and international trade.
- Work experience related to international banking, finance, or AML/sanctions compliance, or the regulatory supervision and enforcement of each preferred.
- A one-year minimum commitment is required.
- There is no defined period for the position.
The New York County District Attorney’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer