The New York County District Attorney's Office has an immediate opening for a Fiscal Analyst in its Fiscal Unit. In this position under general direction, the Analyst performs analytical work to assist the Fiscal Unit and provide other support as needed.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare annual financial forecast.
- Monitor grant budgets/expenditures/revenues and prepare grant cost reports.
- Prepare/submit budget mods to the NYC OMB.
- Prepare/submit monthly variance report.
- Prepare/submit spending plans to the NYC OMB.
- Track/analyze non-salary expenditures and capital project expenditures.
- Handle/oversee bail bond forfeitures.
- Year-end closing reports to the NYC Comptroller’s Office.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Access.
- Ability to learn, update and edit Agency’s existing proprietary databases.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workflow.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple short-term projects.
- Ability to follow directions and apply proper policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Strong attention to detail and high concern for data accuracy.
- Dependable team player who works collaboratively and cooperatively with staff in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, prioritize among competing needs and respond quickly to requests for information.
- Bachelor’s degree required; accounting, economics, business administration or a related-field preferred.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks
- Familiar with NYC’s Financial Management System (FMS)
The New York County District Attorney’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer