Case Management Paralegal
|Title:||Case Management Paralegal|
|Department:||Case Management Services|
|Campaign Start Date:||10/13/2016|
The New York County District Attorney's Office (DANY) has an opening for a Paralegal in its Case Management Services Unit. In this position the Paralegal is responsible for providing time sensitive clerical support to DANY’s Trial Bureaus and Case Management Unit.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working in criminal court, processing and distributing court notes
- Maintaining criminal court calendar for office
- Identify and notate hearing and trial status
- Review, update and file all future case documents
- Prepare and maintain routine court related reports
- Working with Assistant District Attorneys to ensure timely submission and returns of court notes
- Working with court clerk and other court personnel on case readiness
- Perform data entry using in-house data base system
- Perform clerical and related tasks within the court and unit
- Assist ADA’s in court part and court personnel as needed
- Check documents for accuracy of information and conformity with established policy
- Perform related tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access. Ability to update and edit existing proprietary databases.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workflow.
- Ability to follow directions and apply proper policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Strong attention to detail and high concern for data accuracy.
- Must be able to perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment; detail oriented and self-motivated and able to multi-task.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff, law enforcement representatives and outside visitors.
- Previous clerical experience preferred.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work overtime on short notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer