The New York County District Attorney’s Office has an immediate opening for a Cell Site Analyst in their Cybercrime and Identity Theft Bureau. The primary responsibility of the analyst will be to liaise with Assistant District Attorneys, and other office personnel, in performing detail oriented examinations of telephone records to support investigations and prosecutions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Examination of telephone records to ascertain significant call patterns and/or geographic relevance of telephone communications.
- Provide assistance in drafting subpoenas and court orders involving telephone records.
- Interaction with telephone companies, law enforcement personnel, and city agencies.
- Extract data to prepare visual aids for investigative purposes, presentations at trial or Grand Jury proceedings.
- Testify under oath when required regarding analyses performed.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required (i.e. must possess technical proficiency with formulas)
- General fluency with computer applications and electronic devices
- Readiness to learn about and adapt to rapid changes in technology
- Ability to handle multiple challenging assignments and perform in a fast paced environment
- Must possess exceptional oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative ability to devise formatting solutions regarding large or inconsistent data sets
- Ability to devise an organizational system of raw and processed data tables and deliverables
- Rapid data entry skills as required for specific projects
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics/statistics, computer science, criminal justice, engineering or a related field.
- Experience working with telephone analysis software or GIS platforms.
- Experience working with a major telephone carrier or law enforcement agency (i.e. familiarity with billing records, call routing, dial plans, etc.)
- Experience working in the criminal justice system.
- One (1) year commitment to hiring bureau.
The New York County District Attorney's Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer