The New York County District Attorney's Office has an immediate opening for a City Custodial Assistant in its Facilities Management Unit. In this position the City Custodial Assistant under close supervision, will perform work of ordinary difficulty in cleaning within DANY office space and immediate grounds; perform related light labor duties and related work.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Sweeps, damp mops, and wet mops office floors, toilets, corridors, lobbies and other assigned areas.
- Cleans wash basins and other toilet room facilities; replenish bathroom supplies.
- Scrubs floors with an electric machine; waxes and polishes floors; hand scrubs stairs and stair landings.
- Empties waste baskets and disposes of refuse; vacuums rugs and carpets.
- Dusts, and removes and cleans Venetian blinds; dusts walls and furniture and polishes furniture and metal work.
- Sweeps sidewalks and removes snow from sidewalks.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Prior maintenance experience preferred; good organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to lift heavy objects; to take direction and work well with others.
- Ability to work rotating schedules and week-ends.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff and vendors.
- High school diploma preferred
- Must be available to work the following shift:
- Days: Monday through Friday
- Hours: 8 am to 5 pm
The New York County District Attorney’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer